Okay, not really. I'm actually feeling pretty uninspired lately.
I kinda don't love the word "actually". Especially at the beginning of sentences, holy mackerel. Just start listening and watching for it and I promise it will start driving you batty too.
Alright, back to not really blowing your mind.
Two of my lovely blog readers, Colleen from Inadequate Disciple and Super Mommy from Dandelion Wishes have both given me the Stylish Blogger award this week, so I thought it was probably a sign that I HAVE to tell you seven things about myself.
Woo hoo! It's the day you've been waiting for! Huzzah!
1. Yesterday my darling husband invited a visiting priest to come over to our house on Friday to do a house blessing and to have dinner with us. As in, um, tomorrow?
2. Have you even SEEN my carpets? How am I going to have time to shampoo my carpets when I'm super busy accepting the Stylish Blogger award and stuff????? Geez. So unfair.
3. My grandma on my dad's side had 14 kids. Was pregnant with and carried to term 14 individual babies. I know there was no segue into that, but seriously- I have all these machines to do my housework for me and all this internet to entertain me and a house that is actually BIGGER than the one she raised her family in and I have the audacity to complain about stuff sometimes? (see #2 above) Sometimes I feel like just facepalming at myself, ya know?
4. I recently found out that not all high schools have metal detectors that you have to go through as you walk in the doors. Really? But what about all the weapons and the bongs and stuff????
5. There is no better Mexican restaurant in the world (yes, Mexico included) than Danal's in Irving. And before you try and ARGUE with me (I can see that look in your eyes!) I ask you: Have you eaten there? That's what I thought.
6. I've toyed with the idea of making a bucket list for this here blog because I love reading other people's lists, but all I can think of to put on there is "run a marathon". That would be a pretty short list.
7. Yesterday my hubby bought me this snazzy fabric at Goodwill (because he is thoughtful like that and he knows I love these colors)
And then I made a Pinterest board called "What do I do with this fabric?" and asked people to pin ideas for me. Have I mentioned how much I love y'all and the internet, too? So amazing that we can 'hang' out and give each other ideas and sass each other and give virtual hugs and high-fives. Love it!
So what would YOU do with this fabric? Right now it's a 60"x90" drapery panel of midweight cotton, but soon it will be a ____________.
Now to pass along the award! I figure since I received it from Catholic mommy bloggers, I'll recommend 5 of the same whose blogs I read regularly. (If you gals who own these blogs WANT to do the meme, be my guest, but mostly I just want other people to read your blogs too!)
Calah of Barefoot and Pregnant
Steph of Baca Ohana
Grace of Camp Patton
Cari of Clan Donaldson
Olivia of Road to Poland
Okay, peace out my homies. It's almost noon and the only 'school' my kids have done today is practicing the piano and reading 492 chapters of various library books.
p.s. I think I really might write a book after all: "Lazy Mom's Guide to Pretending to Homeschool". That way I can be so busy writing my book that I won't feel guilty about being lazy at homeschooling. BAM! See how I did that?